Query XID using webservice interface

Dear ScadaBR Users and Developers,

I looked into the "ClienteJavaWeb" webservice examples. Looks great!

As indicated in the subject, it would be nice if the XID of a data point could be queried for, so that one can directly access the data base to fetch data. I searched for this in the .wsdl file but could not find it directly. Is there a function that returns the XID as a by-product of another query? I also looked into the java sources and searched the BrowseTagsResponse class and the GetDataHistoryResponse class, but to no avail.

Last time I checked, the data point String name was serialized into a BLOB in the dataPoints table as discussed here: http://mango.serotoninsoftware.com/forum/posts/list/1074.page

Another possibility would be to request an import/export (as described in the above link) via the webservice. But again, this is not implemented AFAICS.

Has anybody thought on / solved this problem of getting the XID of a certain data point? Further hints and shoves are much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Michael

Hello Michael,

ScadaBR API and ClienteJavaWeb where developed inside ScadaBR project, so this is quite recent. We have yet much to grow and develop.

Querying for a DataPoint XID would be easy to implement. Altering BrowseTags should be enough. Our you could derive it into another function aswell.

I personally do not have this much knowledge about implementing ScadaBR APIs, but Ia could gather this info if it is necessary.

BRs

Thanks for your comment Diego,

I already changed browseTags's itemName to  xid as a proof of concept. Once you get around on how things work in the dwr-wsdl-java-js combo, it is relatively easy to change the java classes by hand. For "real" API additions, the auto-generation of java classes via Axis does not work so well for me.

I also posted on the developer mailing list.

Best Regards,

Michael